Wednesday, November 27, 2019

The Feminist Ugly Xmas Sweater is here *PREVIEW*


Dearest friend & revolutionary, Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Ok, I love giving thanks and all (and I have some thanks to give you at the end of this email), but seriously, Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday.
 
Yup, I'm that one email in your inbox today COMPLAINING about Thanksgiving lol.
 
Without even getting into the colonization of it all – the gender inequality flabbergasts me. 
 
Thanksgiving for a woman:

  • Cook ALL DAY, sometimes even ALL week
  • Host guests to your Thanksgiving table, meaning…
  • CLEANING of the house to present to guests
  • The STRESS of it all – what if it goes wrong? – it's high stakes to eff up a turkey on Thanksgiving Day.

Thanksgiving for a man:

  • Watch football
  • Carve the turkey
  • Have MORE women come from out of town to anticipate and attend to man's needs

I told my friend Lisa this (who throws a mean Thanksgiving dinner by the way) and she laughed.  She said that's exactly her Thanksgiving from childhood onward, with the exception that the men are in charge of setting up the extra tables (but after that they are free to roam and talk amongst themselves).
 
Meanwhile… what the women go through… I'm exhausted just thinking about it!
 
I say this all in good humor, and to explain why Thanksgiving often doesn't register for me – I'm all about Christmas!  And maybe I love it because it plays to my strengths – I prefer baking to cooking, I looooove decorating, and most of all, I love choosing the just right gift for that special person – whether it's by shopping or making it myself.
 
Which is why I'm excited to introduce my latest creation – a snuggly holiday "ugly sweater" with a huge feminist take – the "Feminist Ugly Xmas Sweater. It's a super comfy sweatshirt available for purchase now and 10% of proceeds go to my dear friend MILCK's charity the I Can't Keep Quiet fund

I will be sharing a bit more about how this sweatshirt came to be, but for those of you who need it ASAP, I wanted to introduce it to you now before the Christmas season gets too frenzied.  And uncannily enough, the Feminist Ugly Xmas Sweater shares the same birthday - the day before Thanksgiving – as the pussyhat!  We launched the pussyhat the day before Thanksgiving 3 years ago in hopes that people would discuss it around the Thanksgiving table.

Men can wear the sweatshirt too!
 

I have more news to share with you soon, but for now, please be kind to yourselves.  Whether your day is smooth or stressful, please take a moment to look inward and be AMAZED by all you are – whether you scorch the turkey or not ;)

XOXO


P.S. My gratitude list (more on my Patreon!)
1.  I am grateful for my blood family and their fierce support.
2.  I am grateful for my "chosen family" – the people linked to me not by blood but by emotion – this includes YOU and my pals who love discussing self-help and art until late in the night – thank you!
3.  My screenwriting partner who makes me laugh 24/7.
4.  Fireplaces with real wood burning fires!
5.  My teachers – whether in a classroom or "IRL" – thank you!!!
6.  That the money tree I bought 7 years ago is STILL alive even though I forget to water it, thank you for not making me feel like a plant murderer.
7.  The beautiful art on the Feminist Ugly Xmas Sweater by Aurora Lady
8.  I am grateful for my Patreon subscribers who fund my ideas steadily and keep the creative flow going!  Your selfless support and encouragement makes me emotional.  Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

                 .   
Copyright © 2019 Krista Suh, All rights reserved.
You are on this list because I love you and I think you love me too. You may have signed up on kristasuh.com, at one of my events, or via the Pussyhat Project. You are welcome to opt out, I'll miss you!

Our mailing address is:
Krista Suh
601 N Larchmont Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

 






This email was sent to katy63.kelso@blogger.com
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Krista Suh · 601 N Larchmont Blvd · Los Angeles, CA 90004 · USA

No comments: