Thursday, January 12, 2017

A message from Senator Michael Bennet

Dear Kathleen:

Thank you for writing me regarding President-elect Trump's executive branch nominations.

Many Coloradans have written to express their strong concern about the Trump Administration's agenda and to disapprove of Mr. Trump's nominees to fill key roles in the new administration. Given the tone and rhetoric of the President-elect's campaign and some of the policies and views he has advanced, this is not surprising.

I recognize the threats that man-made climate change poses and believe this is a pivotal moment if we are to make lasting progress. The nation has come a long way in pursuit of a consensus on energy policy and climate change, and now is the time for lawmakers to make the difficult decisions on policies that will address climate change, stimulate the economy, create good paying jobs, and help lead America to energy independence. A well designed, science-based comprehensive energy policy can achieve all of these goals. I also support strong investment in innovative, home-grown clean energy solutions, as well as responsible development of our traditional energy sources like clean-burning natural gas. I am proud to say that Colorado has become a leader in energy research, development, and entrepreneurship. Please know that my priority as your Senator is to find ways to help improve Colorado's environment and grow our economy.

I am committed to a thorough and fair process for considering each of Mr. Trump's nominees. It is my hope that each nominee will be fully transparent during the confirmation process. I will hold each nominee to standards befitting the high offices under consideration.

I value the input of fellow Coloradans in considering the wide variety of important issues and legislative initiatives that come before the Senate. I hope you will continue to inform me of your thoughts and concerns.

For more information about my priorities as a U.S. Senator, I invite you to visit my website at http://bennet.senate.gov/. Again, thank you for contacting me.

 

Sincerely,

Michael F. Bennet
United States Senator

To reply to this message with a message to Senator Bennet or the office, please use the form at http://bennet.senate.gov/contact. Thank you.

No comments: